Today's consumer products and retail companies have to deal with consolidation, discounting and new channels especially based on digital technologies. They operate in a competitive economic environment, with lowering margins and international competition at the same time providing lucrative opportunities for new retail growth concepts. In addition, technological innovations offer new ways to conduct business, interact with customers and share information across the value chain.
We help our clients succeed is taking advantage of the ever-evolving digital landscape to build their brands; engage and serve their consumers; collaborate with their customers and partners; and drive efficiencies in their value chain. With our capabilities we can help our clients harness new digital technologies, and enhance retailer collaboration to achieve tangible business results.
Our Expertise and Unique Approach
Capgemini Consulting’s Consumer Products and Retail sector offers top level management consulting services to help drive strategy formulation and execution, accelerate results and transform companies based on our unique business and digital transformation capabilities. In Sweden and Finland alone we are over 20 consultants with Consumer Products & Retail experience with the region’s leading companies, supported by our global network of retail & consumer products consultants.
Our focus is on the implications of Digital Transformation along with retail strategies and growth concepts. Our expertise includes multichannel retailing, integrated planning and execution, and store and channel operations. These capabilities are combined with leading-edge retail-specific technology skills in digital marketing, internet fulfillment, mobile technologies, near-field communication as well as digital signage to integrate the digital and store experience. As an integral part of our service, we apply business analytics to data – including “big data”. Insights gained, combined with enterprise performance management, lead to enhanced customer service, improved decisions and financial results.
Our global team has worked with 27 of the world’s 30 largest consumer products companies, and 27 of the leading retailers, including Tesco, Morrisons, Burberry, Carrefour, Coca-Cola, Unilever and MARS Inc. Our local team in Sweden/Finland has strong market knowledge and broad experience of the local retail environment.
Our work has included:
- Development of Digital transformation governance model
- Building and implementing Digital Marketing strategies
- Definition of Market Entry strategy
- Retail growth format development and transformation programs
- E-commerce entry models
- Developing and implementing retail target operating models
- Digital product data strategy
- Supply chain strategy and transforming end-to-end supply chains
- Development of operational model for customer analytics unit
- Supporting back-office transformations in procurement, HR, finance and IT – where appropriate including business process outsourcin
- Digital Shopper Relevancy
- All Channel Experience: Mobile Product Data
- All Channel Experience: Digital Product Data
- Retail Entry Transformation